SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE: White chicken chili is one of my boys’ favorites, and I’m excited to be sharing a recipe that not only tastes incredible but has a prep time of about 10 minutes. You won’t believe how easy this soup is to make! No pre-cooking or chopping ingredients — you literally add everything in a crock-pot and let it work its magic.
- More recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
- Instant Pot Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe
Servings: 6 -8 servings
Calories: 305 kcal
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce (we use mild)
- 2 cans (15 ounces EACH) white (great Northern) beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, thawed not frozen, cut into large pieces
- 1 can fire-roasted corn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces EACH) diced fire-roasted green chiles (we use mild), undrained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Freshly cracked pepper and fine sea salt
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock (I like stock best)*
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Pick your favorite add-ins: sour cream (we use low fat), fresh lime juice, additional cilantro,
- fresh avocados, jalapeños, Monterey Jack cheese, tortilla strips
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE:
1 ) In a 6 quart Crock-Pot®, Slow Cooker pour in the green enchilada sauce, drained and rinsed white beans, and fat-trimmed boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts. (If you use breasts, cut each breast into 2-3 large pieces).
2 ) Add in the fire-roasted corn, diced fire-roasted green chiles, oregano, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. I add about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper but add to personal preference noting that stock does have a good amount of salt in it. Add in the chicken stock or broth. Stir everything until combined making sure the chicken is submerged in the liquid.
3 ) Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours or high for 3-5 hours or until the chicken easily shreds.
4 ) Remove the chicken from the crockpot and place in another bowl. Shred with two forks. Add softened cream cheese (cube into smaller pieces and melt in the microwave) into the Crock-Pot Slow Cooker.
5 ) Using a whisk, briskly whisk the cream cheese until it is smooth and completely incorporated. Add the shredded chicken back into the soup.
6 ) Serve with desired toppings. sour cream (we use low fat), fresh lime juice, additional cilantro, fresh avocados, jalapeños, Monterey Jack cheese, and/or tortilla strips.
Recipe Notes: Cook time will vary depending on which setting you use (low or high). *If you want this chili to be SUPER thick, just add one cup, but we like it best with 2 cups.